Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Cuties....

Every one likes to see a photo of cute little girls... and no, these 2 cuties are not Sarah and Anna they are my Latvian - Finnish - English nieces, Luize and Alise. They are Sam's brother's daughters.

I was going through some old boxes a couple of weeks ago and found these sweet strawberry sweaters. I had bought them for Sarah and Anna when I was in Ireland with Sam back in 1997. During the trip I went on the obligatory tour of the Avoca Factory with a pass through the Factory/Outlet Store, yes we have those in Europe. I had packed away the sweaters when the girls out grew them, and really, what I was saving them for? So I packed them up and sent them to their mom/my sister-in-law in Riga. I tried to find a photo of Sarah and Anna wearing the sweaters to post along with this one, but no luck. I must have one somewhere, but I can't seem to find it this morning. 

Isn't it lovely, in Sam's family like in mine, all the cousins are girls. His sister has 2 - Elizabeth is 16 and Caitlin is 15, we have 2 -Anna is 13 and Sarah 14  and now his brother has 2, Alise is 4 and Luize just turned 1 in December. Of the 6, 4 were born in December, one in April and one in May. December is an expensive month for this family! With all these December babies, maybe is true what they say about spring in the air....

Birthday Update-

Last night Sam, the girls and I went down to Floriano's for dinner. We had the place to ourselves. I guess the night before Valentine's Day is a slow one. We had Spaggetti alla vongole, muscoli alla marinara and cappon magro, my personal favorite. Sam and I washed that down with a with a cool crisp white Gavi. At home the girls had a cake and flowers waiting for me. All in all it was a perfect day. 

You ask what did the family give me? Well, other than the requested peace and harmony, a new sewing machine! I still need to buy it. I hope Sam has an idea of how much a new machine will set him back!

Have a happy Valentine's Day and remember to love the one you are with!

Krista

  


1 comment:

Susan65 said...

I think I have a pick of Sarah, Anna, Elizabeth and Alex all in red when I visited you San Diego oh so many years ago...It was April of 1997 so it was ..gulp...almost 12 years ago.