Friday, April 21, 2006

Easter in the Bahamas! Wow!


Bahamas Mama!
Originally uploaded by Krista 1366.
Ok. I am back and I had a fantastic time in the Bahamas. Sam, the girls, and I are roasted and toasted and in love with the island life. Our friends Peter and Pippa were the ever gracious hosts! We had a 5 star holiday from the moment we landed in Miami. No sooner we touched down in Miami, Peter was there to pick us up and take us to our hotel that he had aranged for us, The Setai, in South Beach - Amazing! The girls crashed in their beds while Sam and I had a wonderful dinner in the hotel's restaurant! The next morning Peter whisked us away in his private plane to his home and waiting family in Nassau. We had lunch and a change of plans. Since the weather was bad, the seas heavy with 15 foot waves, the decision was made to go on to our final destination that night not the next morning as planned. We would leave for the Exumas, by plane not boat. Peter's wife, Pippa and their kids, our girls and I would go on by plane that afternoon, Sam and Peter would take the yacht down the next morning. Personally, I think the boys wanted to get rid of the girls... fine by me. I wasn't arguing. Sarah is famous for getting seasick. Pippa, the kids and I landed in Staniel Cay right in front of a huge storm, we had a bumpy ride and rough landing. That was only the beginning. We had to get in a small boat and journey out to their island. Talk about an adventure! The seas were high and the wind was blowing from right where we wanted to go. We arrived just as the skies opened up and the rain poured down! At least we made it somewhat dry!

Sam, Peter, and another friend Michael, made it out the next day on the yacht and the party finally could begin. We were joined by more of Peter and Pippa's friends from Nassau on the following day, and by Easter we were 16! 10 adults and 6 kids! We ate, drank (at times a bit too much), and generally had a great time. We spent time on the beach, went swimming, snorkeling, and even sailing. There was so much to do and see there never was a dull moment. The weather improved and the temps stayed warm and the breeze cool. It was a picture perfect holiday.

The Easter Bunny came and left his baskets and the kids colored many eggs and seashells. Daddy lost some money playing poker and Mom read a book. Not bad.

Sarah and Anna fell in love with the Bahamas and I must say, I agree with them. Now, how do we figure out a way to move there?

With all of our plane hopping we even managed to squeeze in a visit with dear old Dad. He met us in NY at the airport during our layovers to and from Miami. He even brought me chocolate chips to take home! He is the best.

If you would like to take a peek at out photos go here here here and here.

Once again, I have to thank my darling husband for planning this all and Peter and Pippa for making it all happen. This was the best holiday I ever had and the best gift Sam has given me. What a year 40 is turning out to be!

A presto!

Krista

2 comments:

Susan65 said...

If you wanted to fly in a small plane you should have called me. I may not be "licenced" yet but I am getting there. Wonderful pictures. I may be going there soon myself...oops no I mean to Italy.

Susan65 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.