Friday, April 21, 2006

End of an Era...


13563 Essence Rd
Originally uploaded by Krista 1366.
That is right. Our life in California officially ended yesterday. We are no longer owners of a home in San Diego. In other words. We are homeless.

Yesterday, while we were recovering from our journey, we closed escrow on our former home in San Diego. A bit anti-climatic, I know. It was all done by fax, internet, and UPS. Somehow it doesn't feel real - we no longer have a house in sunny San Diego. Though I only lived in the home for a little more than two years, I feel that is was, in fact, my home. The only home that was my own.

Sigh.....

Life moves on, and who better to say that than a Crockford. It may be my adopted name, that is, I took it from Sam. The Crockford way is to keep moving. So, onward we go. Next stop? Who knows. Only thing I know, is Sam and I want a home in the hills of Italy. Piemonte, to be exact, the Langhe if you need to know. Our summer project is to search for that perfect home, sip some good wine, and find a good architect to help us realize our dreams. Hey, and a home with a pool.... awesome dude!

Ciao for now!

Krista

No comments: