Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Anna Banana Goes Skiing!


Champoluc
Originally uploaded by Krista 1366.
Yes, my little Anna, last weekend went off with her best friend Valentina and her family to go skiing in Champoluc located in the Valle d'Aosta, think the northwest side of Italy that is near France and Switzerland. Anna and company left on Friday afternoon from Chiavari and when they arrived in the ski resort, they found it was snowing very hard. Valentina's mom had to put something on her tires in order to get up the mountain. Did she use chains? Nah... she used these sock things that are so much easier to put on. Believe me, after all the trouble we had with the chains we had to put on our car during our last ski holiday in Davos, Switzerland, it was the highlight of her trip and all Anna talked about. How they work, how easy they are, and hey Daddy, why don't you use these and not those silly chains? Poor Sam. Beaten up by a 10 year old.

So Anna had 2 full days of skiing. A belly full of crepes and nutella, ate tons of snow - according to Anna much easier than carrying a water bottle around and she did mention she ate the snow from underneath, and has been invited back again this weekend. Lucky her. I hope the good weather lasts, if it snows again, she is out of luck.

Sarah this weekend is also going skiing with her best friend, Virginia and her family. They are going to the opposite side of Italy, the northwest, Trentino, to ski in the Dolomites! They are staying in a lovely hotel in Madonna di Campiglio. These girls have the life! I certainly never had friends like this when I was a kid!

Both girls will be away for the weekend, Sam and I? We we are stuck here in Chiavari all alone. What ever will we do? Don't worry, I sure we will figure it out. With this new business of Sam's there is plenty to do. Did I mention I am tying to design his web site? Not so easy for me. But, I love a challenge!


A presto!

Krista

No comments: