Sunday, February 12, 2006

My B'Day Present to Dad!


The Apple Pie!
Originally uploaded by Krista 1366.
Here is the pie that I baked today. Little did I know that I was bringing it to my surprise party!

I took this photo for my dad. He and I have this little competition about who makes the best Apple pie. He seems to think that he does. I seem to think I do. I will let you, my readers decide. How did this all start? I have no idea. But, my dad always says that my grandmother, Rose, could bang out 5 pies in one go and never break a sweat. Each one was wonderful and she only used lard for her crust! Me, I use butter. I know my dad uses a mix of Cricso and butter, which is a no no in heart patient land. But, hey, you only live once. My pie? It was all gone in a flash. I have to guess it was as good as it looked in the photo! I can only hope my grandmother would have approved! I know that my dad would have loved a slice.

A dopo!

Krista

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Grammy made great apple pies. And any other kind for that matter. I never had your fathers, but my mother (your Aunt Lillian) always made great pies. Got it from Gram I guess.