Monday, February 06, 2006

Sam's Birthday Surprise


Party on Sam!
Originally uploaded by Krista 1366.
All last week I had been planning, organizing, and scheming with friends to give Sam a memorable birthday. What did we do? We had a surprise party for him at a local osteria. Everyone played it cool, and the party went according to plan. Even Sarah and Anna, who were bursting to tell Daddy, kept the secret. Though I think Anna almost slipped. The most difficult thing to do? Get Sam there without him suspecting anything was going on!!! I had to play it cool. Not my best trait. I even baked Sam a very plain birthday cake and the girls and I sang Happy Birthday and Sam opened his presents that afternoon. Sam seemed a bit disappointed, but, the plan worked. I told him we were going for a romantic dinner, just him and I. He was off our trail!

For all of you that know me well, I am a constant planner and always a bundle of nerves when planning a party. When I couldn't get Sam out of the house on time, I counted to 10 and reassured myself that someone would be late to the restaurant. Not a chance. Everyone listened to me and was seated at the table by 8 p.m.!!! Sam and I walked in at 8:30. He was so funny. All men check out women in a room, right? Sam only saw the chicks! It took a minute, but it sank in. He was at his birthday party!

A week of planning and it was all over in a few hours! We had a great time and thank you to everyone who joined us, you presence and presents made it a special night for Sam. Joanne was the resident photo journalist. Take a look here to see her work and our fun! Once again, our group of friends, who hail from many nations, helped us make Saturday special for Sam. We had representatives from: Peru, Canada, Germany, Belgium, United States, Italy, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, and of course, Finland, that being Sam! A special thanks to Nicole and Bruno. They gave Sam that huge jar of Nutella! See his face! Sam is one happy boy and Sarah and Anna are even happier little girls!

Auguri Sam!

Krista

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..all these February birthdays in the family. Very interesting. I'm happy to here/see you pulled off a surprise party for Sam.

Anonymous said...

Krista,
The prior message is a good example of why we "shy" types don't like to post for all to see!
Hear not here!

Krista said...

No worries Patsy, dyslexia runs in the family... ; ). I am glad you are here! Thanks....

Anonymous said...

Right! Forgot about that.