Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Shopping Hell



Originally uploaded by Krista 1366.
Another rainy day in Liguria. What is one do? Go shopping!

The "ipercoop" is the Italian version of "Costco". In fact, it might have been the inspiration. The "iper", or as my dad likes to call it, "hippy coop", is located in our own little shopping center in Carasco, the only one found in these parts. Before this, there wasn't mall in sight, I went to Genoa to do the "big shop". When the "iper coop" opened almost 4 years ago, the lines to get in the parking lot snaked for a kilometer. The crowds have died down since then, but on a rainy day you can count on heavy traffic.

The "ipercoop" is the closest version of American style supermarket shopping you can find near my home and I love shopping there! Sometimes you just crave convenience. Bicycles to butter...

Sam was a sport and came along to help me push the cart and carry the bags. I secretly think that he tags along to check out the discount DVD bin (and to watch what I spend), but if that means I have company to do this drudgery. Fine. Let him have his fun.

I am 8 hits away from the 1,000 mark!

Ciao!

Krista

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Krista;
Sounds like fun! We don't have COSTCO here. But we do have SAM'S which is just as good. Never know what you might find there.